World Physical therapy Day 2020
World Physical therapy Day 2020 is celebrated on 8 September every year. Physical therapy Day attempts to create awareness about physiotherapists who play an important role in keeping people well. The day is also used as an opportunity to thank physiotherapists around the world for their contribution to the medical field. Physiotherapy or physical therapy is specialized in movement and exercise which can help people fight pain, injury, and disorder. Physiotherapy can also help you become more strong and flexible. It may be the idea of mobility to reduce the chance of injury.
In this therapy, prepared therapists assess and treat strange physical capacities identified with injury, inability, ailment, or condition. Physical Therapists additionally help in keeping up physical capacity, advancing physical action and appropriate capacity.
History of World Physical Therapy Day 2020:
World Physiotherapy Day was assigned on 8 September in the year 1996. It was set up in 1951 by WCPT (The World Confederation of Physical Therapy). This day shows the solidarity and also unity of the worldwide physiotherapy network. From that point forward it attempts to perceive and uphold crafted by physiotherapists on this day. On this day, more emphasis was given on advancing the calling and encouraging their aptitude.
Benefits of Physical Therapy:
- Physical therapy can help you avoid injury.
- It can also help you in recovering from stroke.
- The best benefit is that it helps in managing pain.
- Physical Therapy also helps in better management of age related medical problems.
- It helps in better management of many health problems like diabetes, heart and lung diseases and more.
- It is good to supports recovery from injury and trauma.
- Physical Therapy can also help you improve balance by preventing falls.
- It also helps in better management of women’s health problems.
Quotes for World Physical Therapy Day:
- “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
- Structure without function is a corpse. – Karen Warren
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “Health is a state of complete mental, social and physical well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization, 1948
- “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
- “It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Physical therapy has a high burnout rate. The long hours of intense one-on-one time is emotionally fatiguing. And while we universally love our patients, there’s always one rotten apple in the bunch who just breaks you down.” – Adele Levine
Physical therapy is the smartest choice. Physical therapy has many benefits from helping you avoid injuries to better management of health problems. Invest in your health, because as the saying goes your body is your temple. Physical therapy will be good for you. This World Physical Therapy Day, 2020 make use of this therapy and promote the advantages of such to someone in need.