International Literacy Day each year is celebrated on 8th September, with the goal to promote literacy. It was founded by UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1966. The day is perceived to build awareness amongst the citizens of the world concerning the significance of literacy. Here is the list of International Literacy Day Quotes – Wishes, Images, Status, Messages, Pictures
This year UNESCO in consideration with Covid-19 said that this year 2020 the theme is to highlight literacy learning. The main focus is on the youth and also adults. It is true that younger ones will make a change. The covid-19 crisis for sure has created a stark reminder of the gap which exists between policy discourse and reality. This gap which has existed before Covid-19 was already affecting negatively to the learning system of the youth and also to a certain extent of adults. This gap is the reason that people do tend to face many disadvantages. After Covid-19 the situation has become much worse. It is important to make wake up and realize the situation. This International Literacy Day reminds yourselves what this day stands for spread this too.
International Literacy Day Quotes:
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever”
- “Education is the most powerful weapon with which you can change the world”
– Nelson Mandela
- “Literacy is the most basic currency of the knowledge economy.”
– Barack Obama
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all”
- “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
– Brigham Young
- “The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”
– Mark Twain
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.”
– Malala Yousafzai
- “The function of education is to teach one to think critically. Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education.”
– Martin Luther King Jr.
- To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.
- “Reading and writing, like everything else, improve with practice. And, of course, if there are no young readers and writers, there will shortly be no older ones. Literacy will be dead, and democracy – which many believe goes hand in hand with it – will be dead as well.”
– Margaret Atwood
Wishes for International Literacy Day:
- Happy International Literacy day!! Spread the love for reading and never let it die.
- This literacy day share your passion for education, and help other shine with basic literacy skills. Write a future and enjoy learning. Happy international literacy day!
- Illiteracy restricts the scope of development and growth!! This literacy day do not let this happen, make a change!
- 100% literacy is a dream to achieve, but your hard work and inputs will make a difference. Wishing a very enlightening international literacy day!!!
- Make your child’s future bright, introduce him/her to the world of books. Happy International literacy Day!!
- Each and every individual in this world has the right to be educated and be literate, use this right and explore the world. Happy international literacy day!!!
- If you are a parent, you are responsible for your child’s education. Do not take it for granted. Make their future bright starting from this International literacy day.
- When you are literate you can remove the darkness from your mind and can enlighten it with bright ideas. Wishing you a happy international literacy day.
Literacy is a fundamental human right. It is not just important for social needs, it helps an individual grow and understand things. It helps in personal development. It is a dream to see this world 100% literate, but for now, make a change. This international literacy day spread awareness of literacy and education. Make this world a better place by being literate, by promoting literacy, and by helping people become literate. It is commonly said words change worlds. International Literacy Day make a change.