Today, video content is becoming very popular, with more businesses and brands using it for marketing purposes. Over the last few years, people have been spending more time watching videos online, which is expected to increase in the years to come. If you’re someone looking to create videos for social media, you must be aware of the importance of making unique and engaging content. For businesses, the competition is tough, and making videos that tell a brand story in the best way possible is crucial.
If you’re new to the video marketing game or someone looking for tips on creating videos that will keep your audience hooked, here are a few ideas on what you could do.
Video creation is much more challenging and time-consuming compared to writing blog posts. But do not worry, it isn’t difficult if you know how to do it right. Here are a few interesting tips on how you can create engaging social media videos without a hassle.
Before you begin creating a video, it’s essential to ideate and brainstorm ideas. If you have a content team, make sure to have a meeting to discuss and come up with different ideas. Having brainstorming sessions help when trying to find new ways to grow your business or get new content ideas for social media. Below are a few things you could do.
- Use blog posts: If you have a blog, you’ll surely have many content ideas on the blog. Check the blogs that have done well with your audience and use them to make engaging video content. You could even use the Google Analytics tool to check for the top blog posts to make things easier.
- Study shared content: Another great tip is to study your most shared content or look for content topics that have been shared the most to create interesting videos.
- Popular videos: Spend a little more time on social media and watch out for popular videos from competitors or similar brands to get ideas.
Shoot and Record
Once you have got an idea in place, it is now time to record. Thanks to technology, you can now record videos easily. You can create the best engaging video content with a few simple tricks and tools. Here are our suggestions:
- Use your smartphone: You do not require expensive equipment to shoot videos. If you’re a beginner, you can simply make use of your smartphone. Today’s smartphones come with advanced and powerful cameras that allow you to shoot videos with great audio quality and high visuals. So, you do not need to spend a lot of money when you have one of the best video tools right in your pocket!
- Stabilize the phone: For your videos to look professional, it is important to make stable videos. You can easily find affordable tripods, which can be used to stabilize your phone for professional-looking videos.
- Speak into a microphone: To make great videos, it is important to concentrate on the sound and audio quality as well. So, make sure to get a good quality microphone that can be plugged into the phone while you record.
- Good lighting: Remember, natural light is the best for creating videos. However, if you do not have access to it, lamps can surely help. Make sure to face towards the light for it to spread evenly.
Create a video background: You must also create a nice background for the best quality videos before shooting your videos; going for a simple background is always a good idea. When your background is simple, it helps viewers to stay focused and concentrate on you. If the background is too bright and loud, it could be distracting. If you cannot find a background that suits your video, you can create the background yourself. Purchase a big foam board from a stationery store and place it right behind you.
Use Video Editing Tools
After you have filmed your video, it is now time to polish your videos to make them look professional and engaging. There are plenty of video editing tools with advanced editing features that will help you make outstanding videos within minutes. All the editing tools available online have different sets of great features for editing all types of videos. However, if you are new to editing, you can try out the different editing tools and features before you go ahead and purchase any software. For beginners, it’s best to try out the free software tools available to get the hang of editing videos before you start using any advanced tools that require a higher level of editing skills.
You can try InVideo, a professional online video editor that is easy and affordable. It is a web-based platform that allows you to create engaging video content in less than ten minutes. The software can be used on both Windows and Mac, making it the perfect software for anyone looking to make awesome videos. All you need to do is simply log into your account using any browser and start editing your videos with ease. The tool does not require any extensive video editing experience, making it a great tool for beginners and professionals. The software has over 2000 templates that you can customize according to your video needs.
Finally, go ahead and share your videos. There are plenty of ways to share your videos on all your social media platforms. Posts can be easily scheduled to be shared on all your profiles from one place to save on time and effort. Tools such as Buffer are a great option to do this.
Use the above tricks and tips to create engaging social media videos anytime. Creating videos can be stressful at first, but you will get the hang of creating engaging videos easily and quickly with time.