Importance and Benefits of Gayatri Mantra for Health: Chanting Gayatri Mantra generates positive vibes and it helps in the repulsion of negative energies.
Benefits of Gayatri Mantra for Health, Body and Soul
Gayatri Mantra has several benefits for our body, health and soul. Let’s find out.
- Relax and refresh mind: According to our ancestors and written evidence provided in books, chanting of Gayatri Mantra relaxes our mind and body. When someone starts reciting it, it helps in making equilibrium between mind and body. This practice generates good vibrations and hormones in the body which helps in calming the mind, body, and soul.
- Reduces Stress: If we talk about the natural stress buster, it’s the only devotional mantras. Mantras are meant to generate such positive energy which helps in reducing anxiety, stress, and tension. Our saints used this practice to make themself calm and stress-free. It is said that regular chanting of mantras can maintain your blood pressure.
- Memory Booster: Memory and consultation of a human being are all about how much he is focused on any task or practice. Reciting Gayatri Mantra for even 15 minutes on a daily basis will help you to focus. Once your focus is increased, your concentration level in any work will also be improved. This happens because practicing mantras help you in activating your Chakras. Chakras are directly proportional to better memory and concentration of mind.
- Improves Breathing: The practice of chanting mantras involves a very good practice of controlled breathing also. Thus if the person is reciting mantras on a daily basis, then their breathing system improves and becomes more balanced. This results in better breathing and stronger lung functions. Stronger lungs provide you freedom free respiratory diseases.
- Healthy Heart: According to research published in British Medical Journal, the chanting of Gayatri Mantra synchronizes the beating of the heart. It creates a good balance of baroreflex sensitivity. Basically, baroreflex sensitivity is a mechanism in which your blood pressure is checked and balanced. The better functionality of these things will result in a healthy heart.
- Keeps you Motivated: According to Hindu Sanatan Dharma if a person practices Mantras on daily basis, it helps to keep them motivated towards their work and goal. It gives you a better understandability and improves your confidence.
Also Read: How to Start an NGO in India
What is Gayatri Mantra?
Gayatri Mantra is written in our Vedas. It is also known as “Savitri Mantra”. If you look at our Vedas, you will notice that Mantras are divided in 24 main categories. Not only in India but in the whole world, it is chanted with huge enthusiasm and love.
ॐ भूर् भुवः स्वः
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात्
Gayatri Mantra in Engish
Om bhūr bhuvaḥ suvaḥ
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Gayantri Mantra Translation in English
We meditate on the glory of the Creator;
Who has created the universe;
Who is worthy to worship;
Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and light;
Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance;
May He enlighten our Intellect;
Conclusion: There are many benefits of reciting Gayatri Mantra. One should recite it on daily basic to clam their soul and mind and perform better in their daily activities.
FAQ: Gayatri Mantra
Who is Gayatri?
Gayatri is the mother of our divine Vedas – Rig, Yajur, Saam, and Atharva. This is why Goddess is known as “Veda-Mata”.
Why Gayatri Mantra Chanted?
Gayatri Mantra is chanted to achieve good and health and focus. By Chanting Gayatri Mantra, you can achieve success and happiness in you life.
What is the best time to chant Gayatri Mnatra?
Satva time is the best time to chant Gayatri Mantra. This time is between 4am – 8am and 4pm – 8pm.